Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Eleanor Roosevelt was not a skank


                "I think it is safe to say Eleanor Roosevelt was not a skank"
                                                           -David Lowry

                   Indeed. I don't know what prompted dad to say it, but he's right...and I bet she'd take it as a compliment. She probably wouldn't know what a skank is, but would recognize it as something you definitely don't want to be. Good for her.
                I've recently become interested in Mrs. Roosevelt and am anxious to start reading anything I can find about her. All people know, is that she was rather homely. How much would that suck? That's the only thing anyone remembers about you. Oh, poor Eleanor! I think she's beautiful...this picture of her is quite lovely.  I have so much respect for her. She was very vocal about human rights, women's issues and children's causes. She was the driving force behind the programs designed to help the poor during the depression. And this just barely touches on everything she accomplished. What a classy dame! The anti-skank. 

                        *footnote*
                              

               

No comments:

Post a Comment