Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ketchup vs. catsup...which one's better? the real one...


            This is such a stupid argument and I don't even know why we're discussing it. However, even though it may be stupid, ketchup IS a serious matter. I got to thinking about this for a couple of reasons. 1. We have catsup at the food bank where I volunteer, not ketchup. 2. It's the main food group at our house. I have to get a bottle every time I go to the store. This brings me to the question catsup vs. ketchup..which is better and what's the difference? (ok, so that's 2 questions.) I'd like to conduct a study and find out what percentage of american households use ketchup as opposed to catsup. Yes, this is what I waste my time thinking about.  Like I stated, I am a ketchup snob. Our house is 100% real ketchup all the time. And Heinz. Any other brand or variation cannot and will not be tolerated. I'm not even this picky when it comes to what kind of detergent I wash my clothes or dishes with. To be fair, clothes and dishes don't come close to something as important as ketchup. So what is the difference? Does anybody even know? All I know is, catsup is inferior in every possible way and I have no idea why it's even still produced.  If you have any thoughts, please share because I would like to be educated. But the next time you go to the store ask yourself...ketchup or catsup? I hope you make the right choice...

                       *footnote*
                              I bet there's this one guy out there who wrote a strongly worded letter to the catsup people demanding that they continue to produce it when he found out they were going to switch over. And I say to him.."stop eating it! Come to the ketchup side!" Come to the ketchup....come to the ketchup....

No comments:

Post a Comment