Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vegas Adventure- episode 2



            After driving hundreds of miles through the lovely Moapa Indian reservation, (where you may recall not one Indian resides) we finally made it safe and sound to Vegas and our hotel, the Excalibur. And I don't use the phrase "safe and sound" here as just an expression. It was a harrowing experience and a miracle we arrived safe and sound for a couple of reasons.
            1. Auntie is no longer allowed to operate a motor vehicle. She is fired, due to the fact that she is highway challenged. She sped by our exits on a regular basis and delayed our arrival by at least 4 days. In fact, she  wouldn't know a freeway on ramp if it came up and bit her on the butt. 
           2. She is highway and freeway ramp challenged because she likes to talk on the phone and drive at the same time. It became evident within the first 10 minutes of the trip that she cannot multitask - hence the 4 day delay. 
         3. She likes to meander. A word that in this case means. " Let's stop for no reason to look at nothing as often as possible even though I know you hate road trips and you're anxious to get there." She even insisted on stopping for gas and getting drinks. This was unacceptable.
         4. She refused to feed me. Her meandering interfered with my meal times and thus resulted in me becoming cranky and snarky. I also found this intolerable. 
         5. After a 4 day delay, missing on ramps and exits, endless meandering and me starving, we got to enjoy the added bonus of Las Vegas traffic. The car expressed it's displeasure at having to sit at red lights for days on end by almost overheating, but thanks to my quick thinking and savvy Vegas street smarts, I got us to our hotel - safe and sound - and the car calmed down. Phew! ...But she's still fired....

              *footnote*
                  Excalibur was a perfectly fine and acceptable hotel. I've always wanted to stay there and Auntie was gracious enough to indulge me. That is until I saw my sisters room. She stayed at Mandalay Bay. I am soooo staying there next time. She got a jetted tub and a flat screen tv in her bathroom! We were lucky we didn't have to pay extra for indoor plumbing.....


No comments:

Post a Comment