Monday, February 25, 2013

childhood toys.



                    I want to be a kid again. I loved being a kid. This responsible grown up thing has been fun, but I'd like to go home now. I want to go home to my toys. I had great toys - barbies and strawberry shortcake, cabbage patch kids and dollhouses. These are 2 of my  favorite childhood toys...and 2 of my oldest. No, I'm not going to tell you exactly how old. Just trust me when I say they're old, but thanks to my mother they are now new and improved! They look better than I do! She lovingly and painstakingly took them apart, washed them, replaced their parts and restitched them. The doll I got a few years ago and the puppy just this last christmas. I had actually forgotten all about him  until I opened him up. I am fully aware that he is pink and purple and should technically be a she. But he is not. Even though he is wearing a big pink bow.( you can't see it in the picture)  He's just in touch with his feminine side. He should be on "Project Runway" or "Queer eye for the straight dog" or something. And he has no name. Poor pink and purple puppy with no name. My doll never got a name either. If you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them. 

                
             *footnote*
                     Now before you start sending me hate mail because I don't name my dolls and animals, I should tell you that I did name another doll I had. And it was a perfectly lovely name. Ginger Ale. Isn't that nice?
                    


No comments:

Post a Comment